2.13.2008

divinity night

Last night we had our "Divinity Night". It was of course about Divine Nature. First we taught the girls how to make Divinity. I used this recipe from Paula Deen. I tried it out a few days before as a test run so I knew what I was doing, or you could have someone who knows how to make it come and teach it.

After the Divinity was finished and cooling I read part of Gordon B. Hinkley's talk, "The Light Within You", (May 1995 Ensign) I then asked the girls to list some divine qualities. I then asked who their personal role models for these kind of divine traits were. I explained that we were going to be focusing on the role of our Mothers and had each of them think of the qualities they admire in their Mom. I brought lots of blank cards and stationary for them to choose from and they each wrote a letter to their Mother telling them of the divine qualities they admire. In the letter they were to ask their Mom to help them develop one of the qualities. I challenged them to work on developing that quality for two weeks to make it a habit.

We then ate the divinity and it was a great night!

**You could tint the divinity blue, to represent the color of Divine Nature!
**Also if you use the recipe I linked, don't try dropping it onto the pan by spoonful, that is a big messy pain. Just spread it in a square baking pan lined with foil (with the foil hanging out over the edge), and when it is cool, lift it out of the pan and cut into squares. Much easier!

No comments: