2.17.2008

the 6 Be's

Wierdly enough I started thinking about doing this theme the Sunday morning on the day President Hinkley passed. I know that this theme has been around for a while, but I haven't been inspired to do it yet. The original talk is called "A Prophet's Counsel and Prayer for Youth" (New Era, Jan 2001, pg 4)

My plan is to have a weeknight activity, one a month, based on one of the 6 Be's.
I will read the section of the talk on the "Be" for that night, discuss it with the girls and have an activity relating to it. So here is my plan of activities:
  • Be grateful: make some thank-you cards
  • Be smart: exercise those brains with some fun word games, ie: Boggle, Scattergories, etc...
  • Be clean: learn how to make soap ( I am thinking of using one of these Martha Stewart tutorials)
  • Be true: play "truth or dare", there is a really great, clean & fun version HERE!
  • Be humble: make a "Humble Pie" and while it is baking read and discuss Steven Covey's "Humble Pie recipe" (having the girls help read the "ingredients") then have a slice of Humble Pie!
  • Be prayerful: decorate a pillowcase with a prayer reminder on it. I am thinking of either embroidering "did you think to pray"on the edge, or I like this pillowcase painting tutorial - and I would just substitute in a prayer type poem or song lyric.

No comments: